What do you think about using blogs? What and how do you think blogs would be useful for education? Some people think using blogs in classrooms is a waste of students’ time. How would you respond?
Based on my prior experience and also information I read in chapter 6 of the text, I believe that when students craete and use blogs, it gives them an oppurtunity to share things with other students, and even instructors. Technologies enabling social networks and knowledge webs offer a means of constructing knowledge by facilitating collaboration and teamwork ( Ch. 6 Page 105)A form of new technologies known as Wikis offer students a choice to intercat and participate with their peers. I think it would also be great for my future students to be active in Knowledge Forum because it allows them a chance to approach problems, develope hypotheses and theories. I am going to be a Science teacher so this would be an excellent knowledge building program for them. Blogs are definetly not a waste of time, they could make turning in assignments easier and quicker. After all, it is good for students to get familiar with the use of technology because it is growing at such a rapid pace.
Brittany Cleere
ETEC 424-02
Pic 6
How To Enter A Post to Google Blog
16 years ago

1 comment:
I completely agree with you. I never really thought about using the Knowledge Forums with science!
Post a Comment